Ecommerce Personalization Blog
Ecommerce tips, strategies, and news – all without ever having
Tel Aviv, Israel, September 22nd, 2016 – Barilliance (www.Barilliance.com), the e-commerce personalization solutions provider, today announced the findings of a new benchmark study on cart abandonment emails. The study found that implementing a timed deployment of multistage triggered emails significantly increases cart recovery and conversion among abandoned e-commerce site visitors, consequently eliciting an 18% global conversion rate from cart abandonment emails. The findings reflect data from a recent (August 2016) study of 200 e-commerce websites from across the globe and stand to revolutionize the field of cart abandonment best practices.
The study focused on finding and establishing the best sending frequency and cadence for cart abandonment retargeting emails. The company reports that the best converting email campaigns consist of three triggered emails sent out at intervals of within 1 hour, 24 hours and 72 hours after cart abandonment.
The conversion rate of website visitors retargeted with a 1st triggered email sent out within 1 hour of cart abandonment is 20.3% compared to a 12.2% conversion rate if the email is sent after 24 hours from abandonment.
The conversion rate of the 2nd triggered email sent out after 24 hours of cart abandonment is 17.7% compared to a 7.7% conversion rate if the email is sent after 48+ hours from abandonment. The conversion rate of the 3rd triggered email sent out after 72 hours of cart abandonment is 18.2%.
The study also examined best practices email marketers use to better increase email acquisition and found that by offering website visitors the ability to email themselves a copy of their filled shopping carts or a summary of their website visits, email marketers achieved 29% and 14% conversions rates, respectively.
Benchmark study key findings:
- 20.3% conversion rate if the 1st triggered email was sent out within 1 hour of cart abandonment compared to a 12.2% conversion rate if the email was sent after 24 hours from abandonment.
- 17.7% conversion rate if the second triggered email was sent out after 24 hours of abandonment compared to a 7.7% conversion rate if the second email was sent after 48+ hours.
- 18.2% conversion rate if the third triggered email was sent out within 72 hours of abandonment.
- 18% global conversion rate from cart abandonment retargeting emails
- Companies that implement “send my visit” (browse abandonment emails) achieved a conversion rate of 14%.
- Companies that implement “send my cart” achieved a conversion rate of 29%.
Barilliance is a comprehensive e-commerce personalization suite that helps e-commerce sites of various sizes to personalize their users’ shopping experience. The Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) delivery and Zero Integration technology enable online retailers to reap the benefits of the personalization technology without upfront investment, including the re-targeting of website visitors who abandoned carts via email marketing. Barilliance solutions are used by over 500 e-commerce sites in 30 countries.
For further inquiries please contact: Abby Bandel, Marketing Director email@example.com